Pages

Friday 13 February 2015

Rozie’s Raises the Bar



With snow falling, I decided to keep my breakfast adventure closer to home this week. This led my sister and I to brave the snow and make the short trip to Port Dalhousie to give ‘Rozie’s Breakfast Café’ a try. The restaurant was packed but luckily we got one of the last open tables for two. Because of its location on Main Street in Port Dalhousie, Rozie’s has all sorts of rowing paraphernalia on the walls as well as lots of high protein breakfasts.

I was particularly intrigued by one called ‘The Coach’. Having not coached anything for a while, I felt a bit devious ordering such a breakfast, however, it was more than worth it when my scrambled eggs smothered in beans, tomato slices, and rye toast arrived. Normally I demand meat with a hot breakfast, but in this instance I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed my meatless meal.
"The Coach"
To further add to the ambiance, the exposed pipes and high ceiling allowed for a very open feel even within a room that was quite full of people.
The cool exposed pipes
 I am also pleased to report that the home fries are delicious. There were none included with my meal, however when my sister carelessly knocked the syrup bottle off our table, I was able to sample a few from her plate during the ensuing confusion.
The syrup that provided the diversion



The delicious home fries



















My experience at Rozie’s was truly top notch. It was clean and the servers were very friendly and attentive. I will certainly be going back.


Highlight: The entire ‘Coach’ breakfast

Honourable mention: The restaurant had an easily accessible first aid kit, which offered me peace of mind on such a slippery day.


Bacon Strip Rating: 5 Strips! 

6 comments:

  1. Who needs meat when you have baked beans, right Douglas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good! I agree with Haley, baked beans is the way to go. When you hunt for breakfast in St. Catharines, check out the Lunch Box on Welland and Grantham. Great food for a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down one of my favourite breakfast place in the city - go there all the time! Glad to hear you enjoyed it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rozie's Doug! Such a great little place in Port, and it's always packed like that. Glad you had a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great breakfast, Doug! I will definitely have to try Rozie's out!
    PS. I like your review about the first aid kit too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived off Rozie's for a solid week and loved every minute of it. Probably the best breakfast I've had in St. Catharines and it just so happens to be in my favourite place, Port Dalhousie.

    ReplyDelete