Pages

Thursday 5 March 2015

Cosmo's Is Out Of This World!


This week, after much encouragement from my classmate Jeff, I decided to go with him to Cosmo’s Diner on Front St. in Thorold. If you are looking for a restaurant that feels like an authentic 60’s diner, this is the place for you.
Jeff and I at Cosmo's
The wait staff were incredibly friendly and the food arrived quickly. I took a chance and ordered the
peameal bacon special which consisted of home fries, rye toast, two eggs and two pieces of peameal. I am a firm believer that the only way to serve peameal bacon is cut thick. Luckily Cosmo's delivered and it made for a delicious breakfast.
The homefries (all too often relegated to a mere aside) were also very tasty with a unique Cajun spice that added to the meal. Beyond the great breakfast taste, Cosmo's was also full of character. There were pictures of Marilyn Monroe, and classic records from Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison throughout to give a genuine diner feel.
'Genuine Diner Feel'
The high point for me was when ‘Green Onions’ by
Booker T and the MG’s came on the stereo.
For a brief moment, it really felt like I was still living in an era where cars were big, Coke was in a glass bottle, and a Kennedy was in the White House. The only potential flaw is that being located on the main street has not afforded Cosmo’s a parking lot. Luckily there is ample free parking on the street right outside.

Highlight: The thick cut strips of peameal bacon.

Honourable mention: The awesome music!


Bacon Strips: Five strips!

6 comments:

  1. The thick cuts of peameal bacon with the old school diner feel have me craving breakfast. Interesting how you use real bacon in your rating system rather than clip art or a cartoon bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad would love this, and we're always looking for cool breakfast joints to try! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet place for a man-date. I'm 2 minutes away from Cosmos! I used to go there a decent amount, then the Early Bird came along... Will have to revisit. I always remember their freshly squeezed OJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast places like this are KEY to find for Saturday or Sunday morning outings with friends or family! This place looks great and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well after being let down by the Fly Saucer, I guess I'll have to rely on Cosmo's for my space fix. Good read man, nice job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to go to this place! Awesome post Doug!

    ReplyDelete